Friday, October 2, 2009

On The Shelves - "The Works of Mian Situ's Oil Paintings"

Arguably one of the best fine artists living right now. Mian Situ comes from China and is now a local of Southern California. He and his wife own a gallery in Laguna Beach, only about a 35min drive from where I live. I'm inspired by all range of artists and collect books from all types. I believe there is something to learn from everyone. Whether it be a fine artist or a comic book artist, I find inspiration all around.
So far this is the only book on Mian's work. It's 64 pages, which is a little short, but the book is large and every page is full size/color with great reproductions. The only place you can get this book is the Situ's gallery. I'm not sure if they still have it in stock, but email them and find out. I've met his wife and she is a very nice lady. The link to their gallery: Situ Art Gallery

Here are a couple of images from the book.

3 comments:

  1. This book is nigh impossible to get if you don't live in the area. I've been trying to plead with his wife to get her to send me one but they don't do that anymore. Ah well, I suppose I should one day make the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out the Situ gallery website and they say the book is no longer available. All sold out!!

      Delete
  2. Ah I actually got my friend to pick one up for me.

    ReplyDelete