Friday, May 28, 2010

On The Shelves - "Hero Bear and The Kid"

Well, I haven't done a comic book for my "On The Shelves" series yet, and I don't know why! So here is the first - Mike Kunkel's "Hero Bear and The Kid" series. I first came across this comic what had to be a decade ago. I remember the year it first came out. I was at comic con and saw this comic for the first time. I thought WOW! I'm going to try and find this guy and see if I can talk to him....well, every other person at the con had the same idea. So, I didn't get to meet Mr. Kunkel, but I did follow his Hero Bear comic for a while. I just fell in love with the personality he was able to capture in the 2 characters. It was just a light heart, fun comic to read. The loose sketchy style of the comic was also a welcome freshness to comic books. Jump on over to his blog, you won't be disappointed! Mike Kunkel Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment