Friday, November 27, 2009

On The Shelves - "Merlin" Aleksi-Rossbach-Istin

I just received my copy of Merlin and it's a damn cool book! I had to order it from overseas because no one here in the states carries it. There is some amazing art and the layout of the pages is especially nice. Every page is full of collage style work retelling the story of King Arthur. Unfortunately it's all in French and since I can't read the language I'll have to use my imagination from the artwork. I'm assured by a friend that the story is one of the better King Arthur stories told. You can see quite a bit of influence from a range of different artists like Alpohnse Mucha, Yoshitaka Amano, Alma Tadama, and even a bit of Waterhouse. I highly recommend this book, just get ready to pay more in shipping than the actual cost of the book if you live here in the state!(not really)

Here are some shots from the book:



No comments:

Post a Comment