Monday, August 2, 2010

On The Shelves - "Cover Run: The DC Comics Art of Adam Hughes"


I've been a fan of Adam Hughes' work for a long time. I love his creative compositions, the personality he can get in each of my favorite superheroes, and his simple yet not so simple look he gets in his work. This book is long overdue for me. It has most of his iconic illustrations in full color, full page reproductions. It also has a lot of sketch and thumbnail work(my favorite stuff)through out the book. The book comes in at 208pgs and will cost you $26.39 on Amazon.com. If you're a fan of his work, do yourself a favor and pick this one up while it's still inexpensive.

Here are a few shots from the book:



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucas,
    Discovered your blog a few weeks ago and have been enjoying reading through the posts. Your work is outstanding! Also really enjoy these 'On the shelves' features you do. I have something of an addiction to buying art books - what better way to get inspired? Thanks for the heads up on this one. Think I'll be grabbing myself a copy asap. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin. I appreciate the kind words. You'll love the book.

    ReplyDelete